KK Coder Minecraft
Piper: Build and Play
Piper is an interactive learning kit that teaches students of all ages how to build their very own computer! Students start by assembling a working computer by following the instructions on an engineering blueprint. After that, the story mode in Minecraft Pi version will guide the students step-by-step to finish wiring and connecting different parts of the computer; including flashing lights and sound! All of this is done in an interactive and engaging style that will be fun and rewarding for all!
We offer 2 pricing options for this course. We highly recommend that students purchase Piper through Koding Kingdom so that once the course is over, they will be able to take Piper home and continue learning and playing.
a) RECOMMENDED Course + Piper:
Build, learn, and play Piper and PiperUniverse! If you choose this option, Koding Kingdom will purchase Piper (HK$ 2,500)for you and once this course is over, you will get to take Piper home with you!
Build, learn, and play Piper and PiperUniverse! If you choose this option, Koding Kingdom will supply you with Piper only for use during this course. You do NOT get to keep Piper if you choose this option.
Click on the desired Location
Course Outline and Schedule
|1||Introduction to Piper and Assembly||
|2||Assembly Piper (Continued)||
|3||Buttons, LEDs, Breadboards||
|4||LEDs, Switches, and Power||
|5||Audio and Resistors||
1.5 Hours x 8 Lessons (Across 2 month)
- Acquire skills necessary for computer assembly
- Acquire knowledge of the roles and importance of each part and how they interact with each other
- Recognize basic input and output forms, and the differences between them
- Understand how buttons and switches work
- Gain a basic understanding of electrical flow and circuitry
- Learn about polarity and how audio output works